Congratulations 2013 Battle for the Beach winners!
1st place: John Curran, Rodney Meerman
2nd place: Dan Barnes, Ken Bots
3rd place: Chris Fulton, Dave Megge
Thanks to Daytona Speed Swimming and Dan Barnes, the 7th annual Battle for the Beach will be held Saturday, May 11, 3:30 p.m., at the Ocean Deck in Daytona Beach, Florida. Parking details will be posted soon. Plan on having dinner at the Deck following the events!
This event has been and will remain FREE to the competitors in an effort to support the Naval Special Warfare Recruiting efforts.
Teams of two will compete together to finish the following events as fast as possible:
1. 1/2 mile ocean swim with fins and side stroke, no wetsuits allowed.
2. return to the beach and complete 100 pushups and 100 situps.
3. 50 yard low crawl relay
4. 100 pushups and 100 situps
5. 25 yard bear crawl-finish together.
6. 100 pushups and 100 situps
7. 50 yard sand bag carry relay(25 lb bag)
8. 100 pushups and 100 situps
9. 50 yard buddy carry(25 yards each)
10. 100 pushups and 100 situps
Teams of two may be all male, all female or mixed. Competitors must be 18 years old and complete a waiver of liability form.
Click here to register your team!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Please visit our sponsors by clicking on any of the logos to the left. In addition, here are some other triathlon/multisport resources that we recommend:
USA Triathlon - the official governing body of triathlon in the U.S.
Peter Edwards Photography - view or purchase photos from all Tigershark events
Alta Vista Sports - timing & scoring
City of Daytona Beach Shores - “Life is Better Here”